martes, 19 de mayo de 2020

KELWIN CHOI, from USA




Hello! My name is Kelwin Choi and I have been an Auxiliar de Conversacion here at IES Universidad Laboral from 2018-2020. 


My two years here have been great. I feel really lucky that I was assigned to such a welcoming and friendly instituto. Like typical malaguenos, both teachers and students at IES Universidad Laboral embrace their auxiliares with open arms and make us feel really appreciated here. I’ve had such a blast teaching so many different subjects and working with so many bilingual teachers; many of the best parts of this whole experience has been teaching the students with them. The students at our instituto are heaps of fun and they’re really some of the coolest I’ve met. There are a lot of really smart, funny, and talented students here. 


They are really keen to learn English from the auxiliares and they are just as keen to learn about us and our culture. Whenever I am walking around campus, the students are always greeting me screaming my name from classrooms or hallways, waving at me, or giving me high fives and fist bumps. When I walk into their classrooms they erupt in excitement. They are the best! I’ve got to admit that they’re a little rowdy in class, but they always give us their attention and respect when we teach. I love when they take all that crazy energy and put it towards learning English. Every class has their unique personality and if you can learn how to motivate them, they really try hard for you. To all my students, I want to say thank you for some special memories and hilarious times in class; keep being you and work hard to accomplish your dreams.

I also can’t forget the other wonderful part of my experience here: the teachers. I’ve made some lifelong friends here who have really taught and helped me so much. I won’t name names, but you all know who you are! I want to thank all the teachers at IES Universidad Laboral who have been so kind and warm to me. It has been such a pleasure teaching with you all. I won’t forget the fantastic times we’ve had inside the classroom teaching these amazing kids and outside the classroom going on fieldtrips. You have helped me understand Spain so much better and I am grateful for all that you’ve done for me.


Thank you, IES Universidad, for an awesome two years! I know that every auxiliar who is fortunate enough to be assigned to your school in the future will have an incredible time like I did. Boquerones for life!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

ENGLISH

Sumarizing the First and Second Term

Convivence Team Halloween Mental Health month Day against Gender Violence   Invisible friends Race for Peace    Andalusian Day ...