jueves, 14 de mayo de 2020

REBECCA JOHNSON, from Australia

 Hi! My name is Rebecca Johnson and I am an Auxiliar de Conversacion this year.
I have really enjoyed my time at Universidad Laboral and have been welcomed into the community with open arms. I have been able to assist classes across multiple year levels and subjects and meet many smart and interested students.
I have really enjoyed experiencing the differences between school in Spain and Australia, for example in Australia our classes are 45 minutes each and we get 2 lunch breaks each day! We also have to wear a uniform to school and there are punishments if you don’t.
The sense of community at Universidad Laboral is very strong and teachers and students alike get to partake in many events such as International Women’s Day, Peace Day and the school fun run.
These are some of my favourite memories of being an auxiliar as the students were able to express themselves through costume, speeches and artwork.
Some of my other favourite memories include sharing Australian culture with the students and seeing their shocked faces at all the weird and wonderful animals we have! Through-out the year, I organised various games and quizzes to practice English and loved bringing in homemade Australian treats to share with the kids – some of them even asked to take the recipe home.
Unfortunately, the Coronavirus cut my time in Spain short and I have returned to Australia to be with my family. I am sad that I was not able to say good-bye to the students and staff, as they made my time in Malaga a great experience and always put a smile on my face. I am continuing to collaborate with teachers over email and Google Classroom to create activities for the students and wish them all the best of luck for the rest of the school year.
Thank you Universidad Laboral for a great year of being an Auxiliar and I hope to be back in Spain again soon!

1 comentario:

  1. What a pity,Bec!! I Hope you are fine and come back to Spain soon.My best wishes.Marita.

    ResponderEliminar

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

ENGLISH

TEODORA PRERADOVIK

Hi! My name is Tea and I’ve been working as an auxiliar de conversación in Málaga’s Universidad Laboral Núm. 1 since the fall of 2023. I’m f...